I think I have a new appreciation for the work I do. During the show people came up to me and told me how much they liked what I was creating, and what it meant to them. MEANING is essential. I want to create work that incorporates this what I feel more that what I think looks good.
2. What would you do differently if you had the opportunity to do it over?
I would start earlier. I feel that if we started planning earlier this could have saved a lot of frustration.
3. If you had unlimited time and resources, what else would you have done to complete your show?
I would have gotten more promotional stuff. Many people had gotten the dates confused. I would have made more work. I could have also gotten more food. All this stuff could have helped to make the show better.
4. What was the value of this experience for you?
I learned a lot about time management, teamwork, and being professional. These are things I know I will use in my career and in my daily life. Also I realized the importance of planning.
5. How could this process be enhanced for future Art 5 students?
I think if there was a schedule the students had to go by it would make the process easier. For example: if Mr. Guyer said that by a specific date the students had to have one wall finished or by a certain date the students had to have their promotional stuff done this could to make the process run smoother.
6. How well did you promote your show, and how might you have promoted the show even better?
I think it could have been promoted better, but the snow days really made it hard for us. Our cards had the wrong date on them, and we had to change the announcements a couple of times. Maybe we could have just more posters around the school.
7. How do you feel about the labeling system you used for the work on display?
I think we used a very smart system. Because there were many pieces that had a white surface it didn't look right to have small white labels next to them. The shapes really made the show look clean.
8. What setbacks did you have to face, and what could have been done to remedy tfhem?
SNOW!! SNOW! SNOW! The snow was a real setback. It confused a lot of people. They didn't know when the show was even with the promotional stuff we did. The date kept changing so it became quite frustrating. We could have just kept a better job of keeping people updated.